Wednesday, August 27, 2008

mini album love...

I have a new found passion! Mini albums! =) Aren't they fun? Love how you can fit so many photos, yet it's still a small space to work with. Sometimes I struggle with large areas to decorate, like layouts. Anyhoo....I was asked to be a guest designer for Magistical Memories this month and just completely adore this clear star album that I received in the mail. I decided to use some winter photos of my girls from last winter and my favorite color combo right now, red and blue! I have also been using a little bit of black lately. Edward from Trading Spaces always says you need a splash of black...OK..I know... I watch too much HGTV! ha But I do love how it "grounds" all of the other colors. Here's my JOY mini....
(Currently Out For Publication, Scrapbook Trends - Feb. 2009)
Page 1 - daddy and girls sledding...they all decided to pile on one day...too cute!
Page 2 - Kati loving the taste of snow! I couldn't stop laughing when I saw her doing this! She was SOOO into it!Page 3 - Taylor making snow angels! She has such a ZEST for life...actually that's an understatement! Love the expression on her face!Page 4 - daddy plowed a path out of the yard with the snowblower and here they are getting pulled around the path! They loved it.
Played with my stamps today..this is just a simple card I made with some cute new Doodlebug stamps. I created a musical note with the heart and swirls and cut the middle out of the Making Memories 5th Avenue spiral journaling page to surround the sentiment. What do you think...does it look like a musical note? Ok...maybe not so much! LOL
Kati has been sick this week with a stomach bug...I thought it was gone but now has returned. She woke up this morning crying because of a stomach ache again. I guess we captured some germs along the way on our trip! Practicing for when school starts...we always seem to get sick right when school starts!

Thanks for your sweet comments and have a terrific day! ~Danielle~

18 comments:

Leslie Ashe said...

Poor Kati!!! I hope she feels better soon! :)

YOUR minibook - WOW. What an incredible book!! Design is amazing, colors are fantastic, it's just sooooo pretty!!

LOVE that card too!!

Hugs~Leslie

angie worthington said...

i hope your daughter gets better soon...:(

love that mini album!!!...what size pictures did you use?...

Sherri said...

I love mini albums too! ...and this one is so adorable! I'm going to have to see if I can find it at my lss:)

Melonie said...

Hoping Kati is feeling better soon. LOVE the mini.

Anonymous said...

Your mini album is sooo cool! I love all the different shapes that are included in it! The photos of it make me wish I could see it IRL (must look over-the-top fabulous!). Beautiful work!

Your poor daughter...I hope she feels better soon!

Raechelle Bellus said...

aww... poor Kati. I hope she's feeling better this morning.

Your album is gorgeous! And the card is so cute!
Rae

Kelly Todd said...

Wow, I love this album. Totally agree that the minies are easier to design/embellish. Cheers!

Kandis Smith said...

lovin' all the black too! Really darling album girl!

Hilary Kanwischer said...

Oh THIS is beyond gorgeous!!! Oh my gosh...everything about it is simply gorgeous! :) Can't say it enough...I just love your style and your work. :)

Marlou McAlees said...

hope your little daughter gets well soon. Im loving this adorable little album, your work is always beautiful :)

Regina Easter said...

HEY YOU, HOW ARE THINGS GOING...LOVE YOUR NEW PROJECTS...HUGS..

Audrey Pettit said...

Your projects are always so gorgeous, Dani! You NEVER fail to inspire and amaze me. Love your little mini! I agree with Edward that a little touch of black is of the essence!

p said...

this mini is soooo beautiful.
magical even.


scrapbook-crazy - mini scrapbook blog
make a mini album

Lori K said...

Your mini album is beautiful. Love the combo of the black and white with the color photos. I like the musical card too!

JoEllyn said...

Dani I so want to lift part of that album!!!! I LOOOOVE it!!!

I hope Kati feels better soon!

Sue said...

such "pretties" Danielle!!! you are so talented and so inspiring :)

Filka said...

Your work is absolutely stunning

roree said...

What a totally adorable mini album! You rocked the Magistical Memories, girl! :)

Hope Kati is feeling much better now.