Monday, January 5, 2009

8 favorites of 2008...

Happy 2009! I can't believe 2008 has gone by!

I saw over at Treasured Scrapbooking that some of the ladies were posting their 8 favorite layouts/projects that they did in 2008, and since I haven't blogged for awhile, I thought I'd give it a go! Now to narrow it down to 8...that's going to be tough...let's see.... (I might include projects and cards too...) These are in random order:

1. If Friends Were Flowers frame:

I had purchased this frame awhile back at the Christmas Tree Shop here in N.Y. and it was waiting in my closet forever to be altered. I am still in love with this project and the picture of my two girls sitting on the slide for a photo. They've become even closer friends since this picture was taken. I love the decorative edges on the Pink Paislee-Green Lace paper.





2. I'm home layout:


I just adore this layout of Kati! The journaling was just straight from the heart. I truly never knew how it would feel to have two children and be able to have so much love for them both. I felt like when she was born, I was finally whole. She completes us as a family!



3. Thankful layout:


I created this one a couple of months ago, and the journaling explains how I am so thankful to have 2 girls. I thought I was going to have a boy, but now I'm so glad they have each other. I always wanted a sister when growing up, and am thankful that they will have that relationship that I longed for. Almost everything on this page is Melissa Frances.



4. A Little Dream Photo Holder:


I had so much fun creating this photo holder project and love this pic of chubby little Kati when she was born.



5. Fly layout:


This one is of Taylor, love the photos and all of the swirlies (you know how I love swirls)! She was playing on the trees that my hubby had cut down in our backyard one day. Something just struck me and I was amazed at how grown up she is getting. She has really grown since these pics were taken! She had braces for 8 months and gets them off this month..I'm excited to see her cute smile again!



6. Best of Friends card:


This was one of the cards that I entered into the Paper Crafts Card Idol contest. I didn't win, but I managed to make into to the top 5.. so that was fun. Papers are Spring Fling by Pink Paislee and stickers are Creative Cafe.


7. Snow Angel layout:


I love the texture and gorgeous Melissa Frances products on this one that I created for the last CHA. This was Kati's first time experiencing the taste of snow. I had to give this layout away, but I'm hoping to recreate it for my scrapbook.



8. Just a Little Bit layout:


And last but not least, a recent layout that I did. Another one where I love the texture..also the mixture of black and white photos.

They grow up so fast, don't they? It's fun to look at the difference in her photos from the Snow Angel layout to this layout.

I have a TON more favorites, but some were out for pub that I wanted to share. As you might have noticed, a lot of my favorite projects that I chose were made with Pink Paislee papers and products. They are honestly so inspiring to me! I am so, so very thrilled and honored that I was accepted back onto the team for another year! The team now consists of 15 girls and I can't wait to see what kinds of things the girls will come up with!

Thanks for reading! I hope to be back with more projects soon. We had a great Christmas vacation, but I'm ready to get back into the swing of things and do some scrapping again!

42 comments:

Rose said...

Your work is so inspiring to me! I visit your blog almost daily. I love Melissa Frances and Pink Paislee as well. Thanks for sharing!

Rose

Anonymous said...

Beautiful creations!!!!

Chrys said...

gorgeous creations!! LOVE that frame!!!!

Lori Renn said...

Love everything you create! Thanks for the inspiration and I can't wait to see more PP designs from you. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

i love all your work girl!
every single one!
happy 2009! :)

Daniela Dobson said...

They are all my favotires, too. I am sure it was really hard to pick.
Congrats on the PP DT...I think that is awesome!!!! Can't wait to see all the new creations !!!!

Linda Beeson said...

I so love that first creation! That frame is just so adorable all by itself and what you did with it is amazing!

Linda Beeson said...

I so love that first creation! That frame is just so adorable all by itself and what you did with it is amazing!

Linda Beeson said...

I so love that first creation! That frame is just so adorable all by itself and what you did with it is amazing!

Linda Beeson said...

Sorry about all of those posts - what is up!!!

Wahkuna said...

I love each and every one! You always use such fun color combos and the designs are totally one of a kind! You deserve to give yourself a pat on the back! ;-)

Lucy Edson said...

Gorgeous faves!! Your work is so inspiring to me!! Congrats on the DT at PP again!! Your work for them is stunning!

Julie Overby said...

Your faves are just amazing. All your work is! I totally hear ya on the Pink Paislee being so inspiring. It's so much fun working with paper you love!

Congrats on getting on the team once again!

Anonymous said...

Girl thanks for coming through and showing some love on my journey, I am going to do it smiling, I appreciate your support and comment today .. now back to this juicy juice .. girl you know you are just super talented seriously .. I love these .. your work always amazes me ..

Danielle Holsapple said...

I don't know how you chose 8!!!! I would choose every single one of your creations....I adore them all! And congrats on making PP again - as if there was any chance they wouldn't want you! :)

just lisa said...

Love your top 8 Dani!! Everything is so beautiful and so many fabulous details on each one!

Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

everything is purely gorgeous, as is everything you create!!!!! love it all!!!

TheShermanFam said...

You have some UH-mazing faves!! I love all 8 of them...
Geez...I think number one is my fave, too! I just love everything about it!!
Ok, so do you guys have your tour bus or private jet yet?? LOL! I love how they put your band name on the side of the bus!

Karina Beck said...

Wauw, I undestand why this is your favorite layouts/projects. Beautiful work!

Dawn♥ said...

Your work inspires me to do better. I love all your top 8 projects. You do such gorgeous work. Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog.

Congrat's on returning for another year with PP! Your ROCK their products.

Karen from Ontario said...

Wow.....I'm not a scrapbooker but a cardmaker....your pages are oh so beautiful and creative. I love seeing them.

Tracey Taylor said...

I can't pick a favourite, they are all so gorgeous!!! :) :)

Happy New Year!

Tracey Taylor said...

I can't pick a favourite, they are all so gorgeous!!! :) :)

Happy New Year!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

How could your pick just 8? All beautiful girl - LOVE, LOVE your work!

Hilary Kanwischer said...

WEll I can certainly see why these would be your favorites....Just wonderful, all of them, I couldn't pick just one. Congrats on Pink Paislee again!! :)

Anonymous said...

I have to ditto what Hilary said! LOL! All of your projects are so very well designed, and such a great source of inspiration for me!

Congrats on being a part of the Pink Paislee team again this year! I will be looking forward to seeing your new creations!

I hope this coming year is filled with an abundance of blessings for your Danielle! :-D

Tina said...

I LOVE each and every one you chose Danielle. So so beautiful. I hope this year to double what I made last year LOL, and to really make some things that I love :)

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Great choices Danielle!
I don't know that I could only pick 8 faves of your work because it is all amazing in my opinion!!!

Mireille said...

wonderful collection !! thanks for the eyecandy!

Anonymous said...

ALL of them are spectacular!!! Char

Laurajean said...

Okay, I've decided that I need to come and just sit with you while you scrap and maybe some of your creativity will rub off on me, because you are AWESOME Dani ;)I'm absolutely in love with the little Friends are like flowers frame, gorgeous girl ;)
Your blog is one of my favs ;)

Anonymous said...

I love the colors and patterns and layouts of your designs. So inspirational - I am just beginning the journey of making cards because I enjoy the creativity - your blog is beautiful

Cindy Gilchrist said...

Oh Dani - Such inspiration! Loved seeing your top 8 - so glad you posted them!

Hope all is well with you :)

Shirley said...

You know I love everything you create Dani and your top 8 are fabulous! That card is totally over the top wonderful! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Of course you had trouble picking 8 - they're all so GORGEOUS!! I love taking a look at your work. So inspirational.

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous!
Each and every one!!
TFS!!

Christiane said...

happy new year to you and your beloved!! and i'm sure i'll love your work in 2009 too!! ;))

Anonymous said...

i love your work... and here is a great compilation of your wonderful talent!

really sorry for my english... it's so bad... hope you can understand...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

i love all of them. the frame is my favorite. thanks for all the inspiration!
Sandra