Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Saying goodbye to summer...

Eight more days until school starts! We are officially trying to make every moment of it before it's over. Yesterday, we had a sprinkler-fun, dance-outside-with-loud-music kind of day. Today we are going to have a lounge-in-the-pool, bask-in-the-sun kind of day! It's going to be 90 all week here.

Kati starts Kindergarten this year and I'm so sad! I don't want my baby to leave me. I know she's ready...and I know she'll have fun...I know she'll make all kinds of friends and people will love her. But there will be something missing in my heart when she goes!

That's it here. Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I'll be back tomorrow with LOTS of Jenni Bowlin projects that I did with September's kit(s)!

Enjoy your day,
Danielle

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I hear you! It is so hard sending your last one off to school. Enjoy your last few days. My middle is off to school tomorrow, 7th grade. :( My oldest is back in college. Luckily, my youngest has 2 years before kindergarten.

Anonymous said...

Don't you just wish be could give them a "Go back to being little" pill lol! I remember those days. It will be quiet, I'm sure. It's just plain hard!

Mel said...

We're doing the same in our little part of NY:) That picture of Kati is beautiful...enjoy your last fews days....it is SO hard I know. (((HUGS)))

Mel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
farmhouse-story said...

precious face:)

jen said...

glad you're squeezing all the joy you can out of the last few days!!! I'm right there with you! I know my daughter is thrilled to be starting kindergarten, but I'll miss her!!!

Shirley said...

Dani she is so adorable and I know how hard it is to see them grow up! A whole new wonderful world is about to open up to her. Enjoy the last few days of summer!

BethW said...

She is so gorgeous-enjoy every minute you can with her.

Lisa said...

adorable photo