Saturday, December 10, 2011

Made of Snow Mini...

You can't help but smile when you see a snowman, right? There's something so fun and enchanting about them that brings you back to childhood. I have a few projects to share with you made with a new stamp set and dies by Papertrey Ink called Made of Snow Mini, which will be available on the 15th.

Bear with me, I have a lot of ideas to show you! :)

The first thing I tried with the set is stamping a little background. I wanted to try out all of the different scarves, hats, mittens, faces and button choices! So many fun options...


I used Aqua Mist ink for the snowmen, and I placed all 3 of the snowmen on my stamping block, then created a pattern with them. I kept the 3 snowmen on the block, and stamped the image again below the first image. Then I filled in the corners of the background with one of the snowmen.

After stamping all the snowmen, I had fun filling in the hats, faces, etc. with Spring Moss ink, Aqua Mist ink and Pure Poppy ink!

You can see I also wrapped a little tag around the front of the card with felt and stitched it on. (The heart is die cut with a new border die by PTI coming out this month! I just trimmed one of the hearts out of the border!)
Here's a peek at the inside. I thought these would be fun as thank you cards after the holidays! The "Thanks so Much" is from an older set called Think Big Favorites #1.


Now, after having fun with the stamps, I wanted to try out the cute dies that go with these!
I imagined 2 cute friends holding hands...
"Hello, friend!" is a sentiment that is coming out this month from another set (and the tiny stamped hearts)! I die cut them, their scarves and hats, and then filled in any empty spaces with chalk, like the hats. I had to add some pink cheeks as well. A little die cut tab was stitched to the side.
After I die cut the snowmen out of white cardstock, I had this negative piece leftover and thought I could put it to good use, hence the next card!
Here you are seeing a peek at the new heart border die again. :) I used it with red felt. I backed the snowmen with an older October Afternoon Detours paper from my stash.

Last, I wanted to show you how fun these little guys can be on a layout! We had a dusting of snow the other day and I had to take pictures of our view from the front of our house! It was so pretty, just enough to cover the ground for Christmas.
I used a large Papertrey Ink calendar page as the base of my layout. The little stamped bubbles/circles are from the 2008 Holiday Tags collection.

The stickers and snow day chipboard are by Pink Paislee, and the number 8 and houndstooth paper are by a new company I recently discovered called Pretty Little Studio! "Happy" is from the Birthday By the Numbers set.
I hope you enjoyed the projects!

Please also visit Nicole, Betsy, Beth, Heather, Melissa B.Lisa, and Dawn for more peeks at some other new things this month at PTI!

26 comments:

Holly Saveur said...

Super cute cards and lay out!

richardbreaks said...

OMG, there are so many fantastic ideas here! Love your layout especially!!! Great job!!

Kay Demonbren said...

These are all just so adorable, but please, you must stop. I don't want another snowman set, and you're just tempting me SO much.... : )

Jennifer K said...

Those snowmen are just cute, cute, cute. You did a wonderful job with them. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Your creativity, colors and designs amaze me!

GerriK said...

Danielle,
When I saw the sneak peek of the snowmen, I thought "I really don't need another snowman stamp". But your samples have changed my mind completely. I must have these snowmen. I love the background you made with them and also that little guy on the calendar!!! So cute and Fun!

wendy said...

oh so adorable...what cute snowmen

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous job with the new sets, Danielle! I think what I loved the best is how you diecut the felt with the mat stack/tag dies-- fabulous idea!

Suzanne said...

Oh, I just love your blog. Every post is amazing!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful projects! I love the way you used the calendar page as a base for your layout. Once again, I spent a lot of time looking at and admiring all the little details you add to your projects.

jintyoo7 said...

Adorable, love the colours and your lo is magical :o)

Diane Jaquay said...

oh my stars, Danielle, what happy happy projects these are!!! Snowmen always make me smile :)

Denise E said...

Such cute ideas! Love snowmen and all your ideas from cards to layouts! That negative is so adorable too! Thanks for the inspiration. =o)

Wendy Hammer (Reed) said...

How cute cute cute! I love the first card so much. Love me some snowmen too! :) Totally great inspiration! <3

Jytte said...

Oooiii ... I just love your blog and all the cute things you make. Thanks for such at great inspiration !!

Diana Waite said...

dang these are CUTE ideas--LOVE them all!

Lee Anne said...

Wonderful projects! I think you sold me on one more snowman set. You never can have too many, right?

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable projects Danielle! Those snowmen are darling!!!

jan metcalf said...

Fun, bright, contemporary looks!

Paulette S said...

These little snowmen are already calling my name. LOL but I have other things on my list that shouldi probably take precedence. And I already have snowmen dies. LOL oh, what isna girl to do! I love how you made your own background with them.

famillemarleau said...

Those snowmen are to cute. Very nice project. Thanks for sharing, Johanne L.

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous snowmen feature Danielle!!! I love the fact that you took them and created something different with each!!!! Of course the colors are also wonderful too!!!! Hoping that your week will be filled with joy and laughter too!
e.

NatQuebec said...

every thing is lovely !!

Kimberly said...

Such BEAUTIFUL cards and layout! LOVE! xx
Loves,
K

Susie said...

Simply and absolutely adorable!

Maryana Volkova said...

Oh! Cool idea!))))))))