Friday, February 22, 2013

new Pink Paislee and a coffee filter background...

Today I had the chance to work with Pink Paislee's new collections and created a layout using the new Luxe line, Cottage Farms and Pink Paislee's new She Art printed Coffee Filters (text paper you see on the layout). My assignment was to work with the sketch this week on the Pink Paislee blog.

The first thing I do when I open new goodies is to pick out which pieces I like the best and begin layering them, playing with color. I decided to keep my two layered stacks I made and add 2 photos in the other corners. Next, I wanted to try the printed coffee filters (the TEXT paper is really thin like a coffee filter), so I carefully removed what I had done so far on my layout. I used a Butter Cream acrylic paint to paint the edges of the coffee filter to my layout, then added everything back on over the top.

I added some gold Luxe heart rub ons and used several pieces from the Cottage Farms Ephemera pack to create a little ribbon badge.

An Ephemera frame was trimmed in half to use half on the top of the layout and the other half on the bottom and a gold title from the Luxe line. These alphas are so pretty in person! You can find Pink Paislee's new lines HERE.

Kati has had a tough time in school this year, but this day when I took the pics, she woke up out of bed and sprung up to get dressed, couldn't wait to go to school. Very unusual for her. It was Valentine's Day, and she couldn't wait to pass out her treats to everyone. Such a kind and giving heart. Love this girl to pieces!



11 comments:

Anya said...

Danielle, this page is gorgeous! Love the colors and all the little details you've added. Love seeing your pages!

Marianne said...

Love the colors and all the little details. Gorgeous page :)
-Marianne

Mindy Miller said...

Absolutely in love with this layout!

Melonie said...

So sad to read that Kati is having a hard time. I hope her new school in CO finds her surrounded in new friends, loving teachers, and most of all I hope that she bounces up eager to go every single morning. Beautiful LO of your super sweet girl:)

Linda Nicholson said...

So very pretty! Love all the embellishments while still maintaining a CAS feel!

Linda

Natalie Elphinstone said...

Stunning! Love the happy photos and the great design of this page

Diana Waite said...

what an ADORABLY fun layout!

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet layout, Danielle! I'm a little confused about the coffee filters, though....

Danielle Flanders said...

Leigh, the printed text paper you see in the background is the printed coffee filter by Pink Paislee. I used it for a background to my photos and painted around the edges with acrylic paint to stick it to the page. Sorry I didn't explain it well! I fixed my wording a bit. :)
Danielle

Lindsey said...

Beautiful! I'm always amazed at how you put things together. I could look at your work for hours.

danielle said...

I love the way you layer and stack, so pretty!