Friday, July 19, 2013

Scrap your holiday photo...

Good morning! If you are looking for the SC Toolbox blog hop, see below. I thought I'd pop in and share a layout made for CHA with Pink Paislee's Snow Village line. I loved working with this line, the colors are earthy and beautiful together, and the patterns could be used for any occasion, not just holiday. That makes these papers so versatile.

I scrapped our holiday photo from last year, which was kind of an impromptu photo! My parents were visiting and we decided to go for a walk around the neighborhood one morning. My mom snapped some pics of us. (If I would have known, I would have dressed the girls better. Hee) But I ended up using it as my holiday photo anyway. Rarely do we get pics of the 4 of us!
When I first opened the packages of everything, I was inspired by the stamps. They are adorable! I couldn't wait to use the "christmas" stamp. I cut up the 12x12" paper with the journaling cards on it and laid them on my layout, then made a card with the "chalkboard" look with the stamps to go with these! Check out the vellum borders too, they are so cute. Here you can also see a peek of the Ephemera and chipboard.

I pulled out my Cameo and cut the big "joy" out to add some pizazz and drama to the page. Last, some punched circles and snowflakes tie it all together. Oh, see the red under the photo? That is a journaling card also from one of the 12x12" papers. I used it to add color and tucked it under the photo, which will draw your eye down to the photo and frame it out a bit. The black stripe is simply cut from one of my Heidi Swapp alpha packages. I needed a tiny bit more black in the corners of the page.

I think I will come back tomorrow and share a few cards. Thanks for reading! If you'd like to see the Pink Paislee summer catalog and all of the new products, CLICK HERE.


4 comments:

Anya said...

Danielle, this page is amazing! Actually, it makes want to scrapbook some holiday photos, which is very unusual during summer:)

The Old Parsonage said...

Oh JOY - Christmas is my favorite holiday and this line is Gorgeous - with a capital G

Annette Allen said...

wow this layout is amazing..

Michelle said...

Your work is so very beautiful. Make it a priority to get a family piucture, even if it if just at the mall with Picture People you'll be so happy you did. They are such gems to look back at years later.