Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Release day: July...

Today is the big day! The Papertrey Ink team is showing you some of the new releases coming out this month. All of the new products will be available tonight at 10pm EST. First up is an August birthday card made with Birthday Classics: August. I created a border with the Life Is Beautiful butterfly dies and stamps on the front of the card. I'll try and get a video together on how I did this! Maybe for a Make It Monday? 


Happy August Birthday card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Birthday Classics: August, Life Is Beautiful
INK: Lavender Moon, Pure Poppy
PAPER: Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy, and White cardstock, Harvest Gold Pattern Pack, Pure Poppy Pattern Pack; floral patterned paper by Crate Paper
DIES: Life Is Beautiful, Heart Border die, Tremendous Tags
OTHER: Twine - The Twinery, gems - unknown, staple, gold foil tape - Make It Market Luxe Letterpress kit by PTI.
______

Here I used Botanical Blocks II with Keep It Simple: Thinking of You. I embossed the floral stamp with white embossing powder, then painted it in with my watercolors. I wanted a light background, but with a pop of contrast, so I used Soft Stone cardstock and stamped the stitches in black.

The banner was scored and bent to create some dimension.
Thinking of You card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Keep It Simple: Thinking of You, Background Basics: Stitching, Botanical Blocks II
INK: Tropical Teal, True Black
PAPER: Soft Stone, Aqua Mist, White; watercolor paper
DIES: Banner Sentiments
OTHER: seam binding by Zipperstop.com, resin by Melissa Frances.
______

These are made with Note Niblets. I used the buttons in the set to make some little confetti-looking note cards and added a little bit of gold embossing and foil tape from the Make It Market Letterpress kit.




Just a Little Note card set:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Note Niblets
INK: Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores, Sweet Blush by PTI, Soft Granite by Hero Arts
PAPER: White cardstock
DIES: none
OTHER: gold embossing powder - craft supply, twine - The Twinery, gold foil tape - Make It Market Luxe Letterpress kit by Papertrey Ink.
______

Another card using Botanical Blocks II, paired with Banner Sentiments. I wanted to try a gold and peach color scheme. I really love it!

Botanical Blocks II is stamped with Versamark ink, then embossed with white embossing powder and painted in with watercolors. I added a few gold accents, such as the Embellished Elegance leaf, which I really like in the top corner to add some softness to all of the sharp corners and straight edges of this card. The sequins add a little bit of movement to the straight lines of the card also.


Congratulations to You card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Banner Sentiments, Botanical Blocks II, Embellished Elegance
INK: Versamark
PAPER: Smokey Shadow, Fine Linen
DIES: Cover Plate: Horizontal Stripes, Banner Sentiments, Embellished Elegance
OTHER: watercolor paint, gold and white embossing powder, skinny gold foil tape and gold sequins - Make It Market Letterpress kit by PTI.
______

Last is Phrase Play #6 stamps and die. I cut the die out of Classic Kraft cardstock, then used the new Note Niblets stamps and dies to add the leaves and berries. Also added a postmark over the top with Postmarks stamps.

I added a slight bit of pink watercolor underneath the Phrase Play #6 die onto watercolor paper on the top and bottom. I wanted a bit of color under there, but didn't want to overwhelm the kraft die. I wanted the kraft and red to be the focus.



Sending Holiday Cheer card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Note Niblets, Phrase Play #6, Postmarks
INK: Pure Poppy, Classic Kraft, Simply Chartreuse, True Black
PAPER: Rustic Cream, Classic Kraft, Pure Poppy Pattern Pack
DIES: Phrase Play #6, Note Niblets
OTHER: twine, watercolors.
______

Visit the rest of the PTI team to see more with these new products! Everything will be available at Papertrey Ink on 7/15 at 10pm EST. Thanks for swinging by!

21 comments:

Birgit said...

Great projects today, love all your cards! My faves are the butterfly one and the Christmas card. Would totally love to see a Make it Monday video on the first. Thanks for always inspiring!

victoria h said...

fabulous cards and definately liking your idea for MIM.

jan metcalf said...

Awesome cards!! Especially adore the August birthday and the holiday cheer cards!! Great details, pretty color combos!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous cards, Danielle! I especially love your butterfly card -- so cool!

Donna said...

Just beautiful! I've just become enthralled with your style, & look forward to seeing what you've done. Love it all!

Grace said...

Amazing cards. They are all gorgeous . It hard to pick a favorite

Jill Norwood said...

Danielle your cards are all so incredible! Love the contrast you create in your cards with both color and the elements you use! I so enjoy your posts!!

jintyoo7 said...

Exquisite work, Danielle - LOVE it all :)

Diana K said...

Amazing cards, per usual, but I'm especially loving the colour combinations in Happy August Birthday and Sending Holiday Cheer. And your photos are wow!

Laura Norris said...

Wonderful! I really like the Sending Holiday Cheer card - so great.

EdaMommy said...

Yes, please! a video on the butterfly card. It's so nice!

Nancy Penir said...

Breathtaking, Dani! Each card so full of darling details, I'm in awe! The soft pink watercoloring behind the layers of Sending Holiday Cheer is genius! Sure to 'borrow' that one. Oh heck, the whole card is CASE worthy!

Luvpurple said...

That butterfly card is stunning! Please do a MIM!

Kathy Krug said...

Each project is so beautiful. Wating for the video that shows how you did the butterfly card.

Mary said...

Your holiday card single handedly sold me on that phrase play die. What a great release!

Kris said...

You have had AMAZING posts the last two months! Absolutely adore all of your final countdown creations.

Karen Schroeder said...

Cool new release! Your cards are awesome!

Kathy Mc said...

Sure hope you get a video done showing us how your made your gorgeous butterfly card. Danielle, you did an awesome job showcasing new product in this release, and I love your peach & gold (very striking)!

clouds said...

ooh! such awesome awesome cards! luv luv the first and second cards! my bday is in Aug :)

Gribouillette said...

Absolument magnifiques !

Kim S said...

I am so far behind on reading blogs - I hadn't checked out your cards before I placed a PTI order. BIG mistake. First, you've convinced me I need those butterflies. I ignored them originally because I am definitely butterfly-heavy! I love the colors on your note card - the buttons as confetti look great. And I managed to talk myself out of the newest Phrase Play - but they way you have used it with the postage and holly and holiday cheer is truly wonderful!