Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Two Feet Deep Revisited...

Today I have a couple of new cards made with the Two Feet Deep stamps! I've focused on the beautiful snowflake images and lovely quotes. I apologize for the photos, will get some better ones soon.
On these cards, I've stamped the snowflakes with Fresh Snow ink and added white embossing powder over the top, heat embossed them to create a resist. Then I used watercolor paints to color over the top of the snowflakes.

The splatter technique is one I just did here in this video. I've also added some Faux Snow to the sentiment strips.

In the backgrounds of the cards, I used the Ombre Stripes paper pad.

Still love the look of watercolor? To get the striped effect in the paint, I added the watercolor over the top of the embossed snowflakes with a paintbrush, then wiped it straight down with the paper towel.

Visit Nichole, Dawn, Betsy, Heather and Melissa from the Papertrey Ink Senior Design Team for more Two Feet Deep projects!

9 comments:

Leslie S. said...

Beautiful cards Danielle!!

TamiBabs said...

Wow!!! I have this set but I would have never thought to use them as you did - your cards are fabulous!!!

Ann said...

Such beautiful frosty inspiration. Hope your doing well.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

LOVE your cards! Just gorgeous!

GJ Elbel said...

Love your choice of watercolor colors! So pretty!

Nora Noll said...

These are so pretty!! I love the fun watercolor and splatter!!

Kathy Mc said...

Great cards, Danielle! Can't wait to try your technique of wiping watercoloring with a paper towel.

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG OMG OMG!! Just BEAUTIFUL!! LOVING the Design!! The extra touch of the Crystal Flakes just pushes the Design over the TOP!! SWOON!! LOVE the Colors you used too!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Danielle,

Lovely Cards!!!

Cariños,
María Alba